Thursday, October 23, 2008

Things that make you go "hmm"?

I read a few things this week that were very discouraging...

1) A Glamour article about a woman who faked having breast cancer...in 3 different states. What kind of person does that? How messed up must you be to FAKE having breast cancer and let people shave your head for you and plan fundraisers to pay your cancer treatment bills?

2) Skinny Bitch - this trendy new book that came out a few months ago that talks about all of the bad food you shouldn't put into your body. I agree with most of it and I was enjoying reading it until I got to the section on slaughterhouses and "humane" killing of animals, which I've discovered is not so humane after all. Looks like I won't be eating meat for a longgg time! I encourage you to read this book, it will completely make you re-think everything you put in your mouth.


On a brighter note, I read something encouraging...

1) A 73 year-old man made his college basketball team and is living out his dream. Instead of playing under scholarship in college, he joined the AirForce instead. After realizing he "still had it", he contacted the coaches and joined the Roane State Raiders.

Watch the "old school baller":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvkmqbgUU_E

No comments: