Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jodie's Wedding Weekend!

I spent this past weekend in Orlando with some of my DPhiE sisters for the wedding of Miss Jodie Okun. Cammie (Cameisha May) and I drove up together and made it just in time for the welcome reception on Friday night. I'm pretty sure our favorite part of the trip was changing into our dresses in the Disney parking lot. Kind of inappropriate, but we didn't miss the reception! The welcome reception was the the Disney Beach Club in Ariel's Grotto. The food was amazinggg and Jodie looked so beautiful! She had what I refer to as her "pre-wedding" dress, which was this gorgeous white beaded gown. It was so nice to see how happy her and Steve were and it made me so thankful I got to go up there and celebrate her wedding weekend with her!
Friday night we hit up Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney. We started off at this cool little Irish bar and ended up at Mannequins dance club (which was kind of lame, but we made it fun!) The whole wedding group hung out at the Irish place and then the bride and groom split at midnight so they wouldn't see each other until the next day. Here's the last picture I have of them before they got hitched!

Saturday, Cammie and I spent the day with JP (Cam's boy toy). He moved up there a few weeks ago and I haven't seen him in ages so it was great catching up with him. Then we went back to get ready for the wedding, met up with Vanessa and went to the wedding!

The wedding was at Disney's Wedding Pavilion (you know, my dream wedding destination). It was perfect weather and such an amazing ceremony. Some of it was in Hebrew so it was a bit hard to follow but a beautiful ceremony nonetheless. Jodie looked BEAUTIFUL and so happy! And watching Steve's face as she walked down the aisle just made me so happy for the two of them. Afterwards, we waited outside for the bride and groom. From my understanding, we had to wait because after a Jewish wedding, the bride and groom spend some special alone time together, which is called "Yichud" in Hebrew. I think that's a really sweet tradition and I'm not sure what the history is behind it but I bet it's nice after such a crazy day/week/year, to just relax and enjoy the company of the person you'll be spending every day with for the rest of your life.
After waiting for a bit, they came out of the wedding pavilion and into the row of wedding go-ers who were all blowing bubbles and popping confetti! Our little group (mostly Glenn), tried to start the wave but we weren't that successful. After the bride and groom got into their car, we all boarded buses and headed to Epcot for the cocktail hour and wedding reception.

Right as we arrived at Epcot and were walking to the cocktail hour area, the fireworks started going off over the lake at Epcot. It was perfect timing and just made the night even that more special. We had our own special area for the cocktail part, so we ate and drank and watched fireworks :)




The actual reception was inside of the American Adventure lobby at Epcot. I've been in there millions of times but seeing the lobby all done up for the reception was just awesome. My table (Table 11) was the best. I'm a little biased of course, but it was a bunch of sorority girls and firefighters so of course we had a good time and I met some wonderful people!


I haven't been to many weddings, but all in all, the wedding weekend was just amazing! Jodie and Steve are both perfect for each other and it's nice to see two people who are so in love. I'm so thankful they invited me to be part of their celebration (or mitzvah!) and I wish them a long, happy, healthy, fulfilling life! Mazel-Tov!!






No comments: